April 3, 2010

THE BUOYANCY IN OCEAN BED

Those vertical random beautifuly spraying black/grey lines...ill-shaped dots,... in short, marks/scratches on the film role which is an inevitable and the most desirable imperfection in olden days' movies... usually as a result of manual editing (trust me photograph of an editing room has nearly knocked me down). Though you wont find these scratch marks on some very old movies. The reason I leave it for you to guess. Something we miss in these days of digital editing.(Lifeless editing).

Atleast for certain scattered periods in my life, I wanted to be a movie theatre operator.. where I can happily operate the projector machines and feel the privilage to decide which all reels we have to show the audience. And most importantly see all the movies...watch them to my heart's content. No other pleasure had its mark on my life other than watching those flickering images on the silver screen. (Although most of the time, I was inclined to aircrafts and dreamt about flying...but thts a completely different block in my dream complex.).

Whole purpose of spraying your eyes with movie paint, is to deceive your senses. This deceit lasts for a while till u plunge deep into the ocean of life again. We have our own re-chargers or re-surfacers(in my vocabulary..) which help us stretch ourselves above the ever pressurizing ocean surface.. AND BREATHE. like a flying fish... And Movies, to me, are simply one of those.

God Bless

No comments: